|Fleet and Technical Support Division|
Fleet and Technical Support Division provides sea going, shore based (Marine, refrigeration and automotive) engineering, vessel maintenance and carpentry support services. The roles of the activity are as follows:
- Collaboration with ODA (OFCF Japan) for replacement of ageing ice plants.
- Installation of new ice machines and blast freezers.
- Facilitate the activities of the Fisheries Research, Fisheries Inshore Support Services, Training and capacity building work.
- Exploratory research for deepwater snapper, other associated species and mapping of sea mounts.
- Fish Aggregation Device (FAD) deployment.
- New mini longline , pole & line gear trials and assessment.
- Tuna Tagging / release /recapture program.
- To take the market to the people in the maritime islands.
- Undertake preventative servicing and maintenance of small engine.
- Control and monitor all Fisheries vessels’ operations, repairs and maintenance.
- Maintenance of ice plants, blast freezers, generators, machineries and engines.
- Ensure seaworthiness of Fisheries Vessels – FIMSA Compliance.
- Incidental maintenance of Office and Institutional Quarters